Monday, September 20, 2010

International Shakuhachi Society (komuso.com) gets a kick in the hakama


From madoherty on Shakuhachi Forum (The BBQ): Word on the street is that the International Shakuhachi Society (ISS) purchased a new scanner and pdf-maker with membership dues from last year and is in the process of placing all kinds of valuables online through the website that you know well:
www.komuso.com

If you want to support this work further, maybe consider joining (I am not certain if the material will only be available by members or not). The site has been a valuable resource for me over the years. I consider my membership to be a given due to the sites' value in my education and as a reference source. There is a sneak peak on the ISS's Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/issfb?ref=ts

Ron Nelson (I assume) says: "Just spent last year's ISS membership revenue to buy a PDF scanner / document feeder to digitize the hundreds of pages of xeroxed scores, books, letters, and pamphlets I've been keeping in a giant filing cabinet. I intend to eventually share out anything I'm comfortable is not copyrighted. The ISS library should not be a hoarde but a resource"

Thanks Michael!

Couldn't happen at a better time! Thanks Ron!

No comments: