Sunday, December 30, 2007

A baseball haiku, 2007


visiting team
sitting
on different wood

Ken LaCosse, San Francisco

I corresponded with Ken (of Mujitsu Shakuhachi) a few times this fall about the genre of baseball haiku. Ken sent this haiku to me at the end of one of his emails. I didn't realize it was his. The poem haunted me for weeks. It is as the late poet R.G. "Dick" Barnes once described a fine work, a 'compleat poem'. I described it as 'insidious'. Published here with kind permission of the author. Also see my original post from the book Baseball Haiku.

This entry ends my haiku interlude for the time being, but please feel free to comment on this and other postings by clicking on the (tiny) comments link at the bottom of each posting. I almost always post and respond to comments and enjoy the dialogue.

Now, it is back to shakuhachi watching and commentary in the new year.

No comments: